Thursday, November 20, 2008

B's Knee

I have masses of things I should be writing about--Wonderful Eastportians! Wonderful Minnesotans! Whether Hillary Clinton should be Secretary of State! (Quick answer: Huh?)

But all has been subsumed in the Great Move. I'm having my knee operated on this afternoon, (arthroscopic, to repair a torn meniscus) and will have to avoid stairs for six weeks. So ever since I came home from Minnesota I've been furiously moving office and clothes and all other necessities downstairs to the guest room. Fortunately, it's comparatively huge (compared to my office, for example) having been my mother's home for three years.

Still no word on the camera, not surprisingly. So still no Minnesota pix. But I'll write a little more about it after I get over being cut open and manhandled.

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Sandi said...

I hope the surgery went well, Ellen, and that you recuperate quickly.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Ellen!

*returns to her own Great Move and readies the umptieth box to fill*

Anonymous said...

Ha!!! My word verification is groodl.

Oh, wait, I`m supposed to write, hope your knee feels better Astrella, but then I got sidetracked. Simple minds are easily amused, you know.
*goes off singing groodl, groodl, groodl*

Kzspot

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a speedy and pain free recovery.

Willow

Ellen Booraem said...

Thanks, everyone! It was surprisingly pain-free, although unfortunately my doctor got an up-close at the ravages of arthritis on the inside half and it's all bare bone, no cartilege (sp?) at all. So more fun and games in the future...