Thursday, February 14, 2008

Done!

Well, temporarily done. Modified rapture.

I finished the rough draft this morning. Twenty-one chapters, 206 pages. The plan next week is to polish up the first five chapters, write four more bits of commentary by my small supernatural beings, and...oh, yeah, write a synopsis that makes the book sound unputdownable. Gah.

Then pack it off to Kate Schafer, superagent. (Check out her new agency by the way--kt literary. And she does a publishing advice blog as the shoe-aware Daphne Unfeasible) Then, if all is well, Kate will send it to Harcourt to see if they want it.

And while they're cogitating (and after that and after that), I revise, revise, revise, revise.

4 comments:

Barrie said...

Oh, I so wish I were where you are. I still have approx 10,000 words to go. I just want the first draft done. Can you send some first-draft fairy dust my way???

Anonymous said...

Er, Barrie... Better watch out for that fairy dust. It's powerful stuff, and unintended consequences abound. ;)

Wow, you've been working hard Ellen! This is so exciting!

Ellen Booraem said...

Shhh. Pepper...don't give away all the fairy's secrets. And maybe BArrie WANTS an entirely new character introduced on the second-to-last page of her rough draft.

Ellen

TJ Brown said...

good luck with that. I am trying to finish chapter three of my option book. So I can get it out there. Of course, if they like it, I might actually have to finish it.
Teri