Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Best Intentions

Our neighborhood observed Labor Day with a backyard barbecue and chatfest two doors down at Greg and Cope's house. The event was supposed to be an energetic afternoon of lawn games: croquet, bocci, horseshoes, and some strange but enthralling game in which you threw a cord with balls on the end and tried to wrap it around a bar.

Hah.

Here's what the lawn looked like for ninety-nine percent of the day:



Here's what we looked like:







As a neighborhood, it's safe to say we are talkers, eaters and drinkers rather than energetic game players.

Mostly talkers.

Plus, September was starting. We had to rest up.



6 comments:

Barrie said...

Looks delightful. Wish I'd been there. And all those games would've kept my kids busy. So that I could've eat, drank and chatted with the rest of you!

Anonymous said...

Hillbilly golf. Yes, unfortunately I know the name of that game!

Kzspot

Sandi said...

Ellen, I have your book! The local Barnes and Noble had one copy, and I got it!

I'm so excited, I have chills!

Ellen Booraem said...

Hillbilly golf??? Is that what it's called? (You can see the target to the left of the photo.) I didn't try it but it looked fun.

Hey Sandi--you're the first sighting in an actual bookstore!!!! *dances* (I'm glad to know B&N is stocking it...I've been afraid to ask.)

Anonymous said...

It's shipped! It's in the mail -- so says Amazon.

Should be here any day now!

:bouncy:

Sue

Ellen Booraem said...

:woot:

Yay, Pepper! Way to get that Amazon ranking up there!

Thanks for the support. :bighug: