Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Paperback Birthday, Medford!

THE UNNAMEABLES comes out in paperback today, and what better way to celebrate than to subject yourself to total humiliation? So here I am, reading bits of it aloud:



In other news: SMALL PERSONS WITH WINGS got its very own paragraph in The Washington Post over the weekend, in a Book World special section on children's books. I'm ridiculously happy about it. So shallow.

The knitting report: I finished a cotton sock. Started another. The first one looks extremely sloppy in the upper ankle area, so I am trying to be A Better Knitter in this second one. But I figure, hey, nobody's ever going to see my upper ankle area when I'm wearing jeans, right? Depraved as I am, I can't see me wearing navy-blue cotton socks with shorts. (And a spectral voice intones: Never say never.)

The writing report: Back to CONNOR'S BANSHEE today. I'm printing it out in order to read it in hard copy. *shudder*

Everything else: Please, please, Qaddafi, just go to Sharm el-Sheikh and relax under the palm trees with Mubarak. (Spectral voice snickers. Yeah, right.)

3 comments:

Ruth said...

"I'm ridiculously happy about it. So shallow."

Sh! Allow yourself to be happy, you deserve it!

And I love how you placed SPWW in the background of the video. :-)

Ellen Booraem said...

*snort* I can't believe you noticed that.

What am I saying? This is SUPERAUNTIE we're talking about.

Anonymous said...

ARGH!!!!!! I read that as S P E W AGAIN, not as SPWW. When will I ever get it right?!
*shakes head despairingly*

Kzspot, whose word verification thingie is mantr, so I think they spelled mantra wrong by leaving off the A.....